Problem gambling is an overwhelming desire to gamble even though there may be negative consequences or a desire to stop, it may also be known as compulsive gambling which is a much more clinical term.
There is only one universal definition of Problem Gambling which was coined in Australia:
Problem gambling is characterised by many difficulties in limiting money or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others, or for the community
As an addiction is gambling bandarq hard to shake but it’s important to understand at what point are you becoming addicted?
If you are concerned that gambling or sports betting is starting to become more than just a game then these guidelines should help you moderate your play.
- Try to set aside an entertainment budget & include gambling or sports betting in this. Assume that you might lose this money & any winnings are merely a bonus.
- Always start with a dollar limit & stick to it.
- Don’t spend too much time gambling, you should always try to set a limit on your play time. As the saying goes, it’s important to quit whilst you’re winning & on the flip side leave when you reach your dollar limit.
- Losing is part of the game, so make sure you understand that you have to accept your losses before you start playing.
- Never borrow money to gamble. No wins are ever guaranteed.
- You should not let gambling because a substitute for your relationships or work life.
- When you lose don’t try to recoup your losses. Chasing your losses is a quick way to end up with much heavier losses, the reason for this is that you’ll end up making less rational decisions because of the mind state you’re in.
- Gambling should not be used as a way to cope with physical or mental pain.